- You must connect with potential customers early in their buy cycle in order to be a contender later when they are ready to make a purchase decision.
- You must be found in the early stages of the buy cycle to be on the buyer’s short list.
- As in-person tradeshows continue to experience decline, webinars have filled the void for interaction between technical professionals and vendors.
- Digital publications, which fit neatly with engineers’ online work behavior, trump printed trade magazines as an information resource across all age groups.
- While you may not drive sales directly through social media, you can distribute your content, build brand awareness and help to establish a thought leadership position—as well as interact with a new generation of technical professionals.
Based on my own knowledge, my own instincts and data from HIS Engineering360, I predict our progressive marketer I met with this morning will own his online niche in a couple years…with resulting sales results.
Read IHSEngineering360’s most recent report, 2015 Digital Media Use in the Industrial Sector and then let me know what you think?